This Interlibrary loan service authorizes an establishment (library, museum, documentation center) to make a request of loan for another establishment to obtain a document which it does not possess in its collections.
The PEB allows a reader, by following certain number of stages, to consult a work not listed in our collections. He also allows sending documents, loan of books or reproductions, to the other libraries applicants for their own readers (the requests treat of establishments with establishments. A private individual inevitably has to pass by a library to register his demand).
The steps are not identical as the user is affiliated to our library or registers in the other one, in region or outside of the region.
Part Dieu library as a lending library
I would like to obtain an item from “Part Dieu” library.
1. At first, you have to make a global search on database like Ccfr / Sudoc / Worldcat / OCLC or whatever... and after the results obtained, you can select any library you want or one which seems for you nearless.
2. If you select the Municipal Library of Lyon
You have to look for the document through the ML of lyon catalog (OPAC – Online public access catalog)
You can borrow only the documents prior to 1920 which are situated in the called “Silo” service of “Part Dieu” library. The catalog is called “Part Dieu” - “silo moderne”: 1920-... books consultation at the spot.
Be careful! Every document is excluded from lending (for example, periodicals, records, photographs, art prints, manuscripts, books that worth less than 15 Euros). Nevertheless, the reproduction, photocopy or digital copy, are allowed in respect of copyright.
The previous books in 1920 do not go into this frame. Other documents are also the object of an exclusion from the loan. They are, for example, periodicals, records (disks), photos, prints, manuscripts and books lower than 15 euros.
The solution of paper or digital reproduction is possible, in the respect for the copyright, and according to the physical state of the medium. An estimate is sent, beforehand, for acceptance.
• a digital reproduction, lower or upper to the paper size A4, costs respectively 0.40 cts and 0.60 cts, with shipment charges
• A paper reproduction (photocopy), lower or upper to the size A4, is charged, respectively, 0.20 cts and 0.75 cts, with shipment charges.
I ask to my local library for a document consultation.
1. In that situation, your local library send a request to the ML of Lyon by fulfilling a request form called: formulaire de demande
2. If the item is available, the Municipal Library of Lyon sends it for a maximum lending period of a month.
Average price: 8 euros per document charged to your local library.
Part Dieu library as a borrower or as a linking library
I would like to obtain an item situated in another library.
The steps of the reader
1. I look for the item and its localization (for example, the French collective catalog - Ccfr). The item has to be missing in the Municipal Library of Lyon collections.
2. I make a demand to lend an item or its reproduction to the ML of Lyon by fulfilling the request form: “Formulaire de demande”, via formulaire de demande du site.
The steps of your library
1. If the item is available, you will be informed by mail or by phone.
2. Once the payment is done, the item is at your disposal within the “Part-Dieu” library in the patrimonial reading room (Fonds ancien) for a fix term established by the lending library.
3. Price rate: 8 euros per item and payment at the reception desk of the Library.
Bibliothèque Municipale de Lyon - Service du Prêt entre bibliothèques
30 boulevard Vivier-Merle
69431 Lyon Cedex 03
Email : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
Téléphone. 33 (0)4 78 62 18 79 / Télécopie. 33 (0)4 78 62 19 49