How do I register?
1. Choose your subscription, valid for one year starting from and ending on a specific date
Library subscription offers
|Connexion||Culture junior||Biblyo||Biblyo 4 mois||Culture|
|18 and over||17 and under||11 and over||18 and over||18 and over|
|Valid for 1 year||Valid for 1 year||Valid for 1 year||Valid for 4 months||Valid for 1 year|
CONNEXION card services +
Youth sections only for the under 11 years old
CONNEXION card services +
Adult and youth sections
Same services and access as the BIBLYO card
for 4 months
BIBLYO card services +
Rates and subscriptions
Free entry or reduced rates upon presentation of a current document proving your circumstances.
|Up to 18 years||CULTURE JUNIOR, BIBLYO : Free|
|18-25 years||Connexion :
|BIBLYO 4 months :
|Over 25||Connexion :
4 mois : 9€
|Persons with a disability||CONNEXION, BIBLYO, CULTURE : Free|
|Job-seekers - RSA - ADA
|CONNEXION, BIBLYO, CULTURE : Free|
|Group purchases for Works Councils and other organisations
(minimum 10 simultaneous purchases)
|BIBLYO : 16€||CULTURE : 34€|
|City of Lyon officials||BIBLYO : 10€|
|members of CULTURE card partner halls
||CULTURE : 33€|
|Educators||Working with young people: Free – see conditions below
30 documents on loan for 6 weeks: youth sections only (max. 5 CDs), not including CD-ROMs or DVDs
|Working with adults: Free – see conditions below
20 documents on loan for 6 weeks: adult and youth sections apart from CD-ROMs and DVDs
Documents to be filled in by an adult and presented when taking out the subscription with the following supporting documents:
2. Register at one of Lyon’s 16 municipal libraries, or online, with your supporting documents
For all subscriptions
I.D.: for adults, only originals are accepted as proof of identity; photocopies can be used for minors only
- subscription request filled in by the adult wishing to register, or by a legal representative if the person is a minor
- parental permission for minors, to be completed by a legal representative
- document designating a proxy, in the case of registration by a third party, duly filled in
For reduced rates or free subscription
I.D. cards are valid for free subscriptions and age-based reductions.
- under 18s: the minor’s I.D. (photocopies accepted) + subscription request and parental permission
- for those aged 18-25: I.D. + subscription request
- City of Lyon officials: permanent or temporary City of Lyon card
- job-seekers: job-seeker card (Pôle emploi - French office in charge of unemployment benefits) from fewer than 3 months ago, or proof from the Pôle emploi of periods over the last three months in which unemployment benefits were received
- those receiving RSA: proof of payment of RSA in the last 3 months (CAF)
- those receiving ADA (benefits for asylum seekers): proof provided by the OFII (French office for immigration) from fewer than 3 months ago
- non-taxable persons: most recent tax assessment (showing the amount to be paid, before tax rebates)
- persons with disabilities: any card provided by an MDPH (regional office for disabled persons), a disabled persons transport card (carte mobilité inclusion), or a card provided by the French National Office for Ex-Servicemen and Women (Office National des Anciens Combattants)
- members of CULTURE card partner establishments: show the card, or a pass or ticket marked "tarif abonnés" (members’ rate), (originals only).
- for educators working with children: provide documentary proof of your profession from the last three months, or a valid professional I.D.
- for educators working with adults: after having worked with a department of the Part-Dieu Library or another library in the network on a project addressing a particular topic, and on presentation of a letter of agreement from the management or the organisation you belong to.
How to register online
All subscriptions (Culture or Biblyo) are now available online !
New subscriptions can be registered through the Lyon library catalog : you just have to click on « register on line »
Subscription renewals are available from my account : a link « renew yout suscription » is available one month before the end of your current subscription
3. What can you do with your membership card?
Take advantage of Library services
- borrow from all municipal libraries in Lyon
- check your members’ file : reserve items and extend loans...
- access remote digital services
- use a computer at the Library for 1hour/day
Take advantage of cultural activities
The CULTURE card gives you:
Unlimited access, for one year, to temporary and permanent exhibitions at the City of Lyon’s six museums: the Musée des Beaux Arts, Contemporary Art Museum, Musées Gadagne, Print and visual communication museum, CHRD-centre for the History of the Resistance and Deportation, Henri Malartre automobile Museum
concessionary rates for four museums: Confluences, Gallo-romain, Lumière, and Jean Couty, as well as the Comoedia cinemas, Institut Lumière, and Lumière cinemas
benefit from special rates on selected performances at eleven of Lyon’s great halls: Auditorium-ONL, Célestins, Maison de la Danse, Opera, Marché Gare, Ninkasi, Périscope, TNG, TNP, Croix-Rousse theatre, and Subsistances
To find out about all the benefits and performances go to: www.culture.lyon.fr
Also, all members can choose to receive email updates on the City of Lyon’s cultural news and on deals from the BmL’s cultural partners.